[FoRK] McDonald's in Japan

Cleopatra Von Ludwig rockfish at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 07:59:53 PST 2004

Well, I don't know about the crime statistics, but the health problems
are absolutely due to Japan (and other Asian nations) adopting a more
"western" (read: American) diet. In fact, it's quite startling to see
the effects on the younger generations in Japan, China, etc. who eat
more fast food, more meat protein, and more fat -- they're taller than
their parents, but they also have higher rates of cancer, heart
disease, and all those other lovely things that plague Americans...
then we go and have "races for the cure" for these problems, when in
fact, prevention is the key. So sad...