[FoRK] oh the irony

J.Andrew Rogers andrew at ceruleansystems.com
Wed Oct 13 21:51:51 PDT 2004

On Oct 13, 2004, at 12:20 PM, Justin Mason wrote:
>   'Keith Alexander, who writes the Business Class column for The
> Washington
>   Post, posted a piece about three folks constantly snagged by the
> no-fly
>   list. Their names: James Rogers, Mary Smith and Kevin Johnson.'

That would help explain why I used to get repeatedly tagged by security
on every flight.  I haven't recently, but maybe I fly enough with the
same airline that they've established a pattern.  They can track me
with Frequent Flyer miles and such.

> aha.  "J. Andrew" explained ;)

Actually, that does explain it.  "James Rogers" suffers from very high
identity collision -- I've run into many people with that same name
over the years. While I have been mixed up with other people with the
same name repeatedly by both the government and private industry
(including a bank deposit misrouted to my account once when I was a kid
due to having the same name), I am not under any illusions that I have
real anonymity from it either.  Hell, the DoD explicitly took DNA
samples for identifying my person almost fifteen years ago.  Not that I
make it easy for them if i don't have to.

> wow, James, what did you do? ;)

Enough things that I'm still trying to figure out what it is that
*they* think I've done. :-)

j. andrew rogers