[FoRK] [Fwd: [lbo-talk] MM on Why Dems Shouldn't Be Scared]

Joseph S. Barrera III joe at barrera.org
Fri Sep 3 13:29:55 PDT 2004

  Too good not to pass along.

"And there were the Band-Aids. The worst display of how out of touch
the Republicans are was those Purple Heart Band-Aids the delegates
wore to mock Kerry over his war wounds, which, for them, did not
spill the required amount of blood.

"What they didn't seem to get is that watching at home might have been
millions of war veterans feeling that they were being ridiculed by a
bunch of rich Republicans who would never send their own offspring to
die in Fallujah or Danang."

- mm