[FoRK] I hope all the FoRKers in Florida have moved tohigh ground...

Luis Villa luis.villa at gmail.com
Fri Sep 3 05:38:39 PDT 2004

On Thu, 02 Sep 2004 19:18:03 +0000, Russell Turpin <deafbox at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Adam L Beberg:
> >Noone smart enough to be on FoRK is stupid enough to live in Florida...
>
> Beberg, don't be an ass.

'Sun, don't rise in the east.'

> California
> gets earthquakes, forest fires, and
> mudslides.

All of which are harder to engineer for than a wind of 150 mph.

> Kansas gets tornados.

Ditto. (Though to be fair, Florida is the only state that gets
tornadoes year round ;)

> New York gets blizzards. So Florida
> gets hurricanes. It's also warm,
> pretty, has lots of coastline, and is
> just a short sail from down island.

Yup. All things considered, it isn't perfect, but willingly putting
yourself through winter in the midwest every year seems miles stupider
to me than dealing with the threat of a big storm once a decade.

Luis