[FoRK] Mac G4/Darwin...

Luis Villa luis.villa at gmail.com
Wed Sep 1 08:16:50 PDT 2004

On Wed, 1 Sep 2004 00:06:14 -0700, J.Andrew Rogers
> It annoys me to no end that most mail clients are engineered such that
> they'll start to suck or break if your average email load is, say,
> greater than that of my parents.  I get gobs of email and always have,
> and one way or another that seems to break or render useless most email
> clients.
>
> I haven't had a problem with Evolution (yet), but that isn't my main
> mail client and so I haven't really exercised it.  Every other client
> has failed me in one way or another.

Evolution was written by and for pretty serious email abusers. I
routinely carry 70K messages in my inbox, with agressive 'stored
search' usage, and while I do see a slight performance hit, it is
quite stable under the load.

Luis (proud papa, sort of ;)