Travel photos, people, political exo-USA youth was: Re: [FoRK] ice, baby

Nat Friedman nat at nat.org
Mon Aug 30 15:23:13 PDT 2004

On Mon, 2004-08-30 at 17:17 -0400, Stephen D. Williams wrote:
> In Finland, red hair (artificial or not) is very popular.

I noticed a huge amount of artificial red hair on girls during my one
visit to Helsinki.  Also in northern Germany and London.  But not in
Paris, Norway, or Spain.  I hear it's big in Holland.

The one girl I asked said it looked nice against pale Nordic skin.  It
seemed like the kind of tipping-point fad that would yield interesting
sales charts among the hair dye companies.

The whole nylon-cargo/west coast style thing seemed to be big in Finland
too.  I saw a bunch of Triple-5 Soul, which really took me by surprise
in fucking Helsinki.

Nat