[FoRK] Mac G4/Darwin...

Jeffrey Kay jeff at k2.com
Sun Aug 29 12:12:36 PDT 2004

I have a G4 TiBook with 1 GB RAM running Panther and I haven't had much
trouble at all with it.  I have had it crash a couple of times on me, but
that's after weeks of suspending and resuming.  I'd definitely double check
the extra memory to see if you have a mismatch.  Or take it out and see if
you have the same problem without it.

-- jeff

On 8/29/04 3:08 PM, "Gavin Thomas Nicol" <gtn at rbii.com> wrote:

> I just bought a G4 laptop, and had an extra 512MB put in it
> (1.5Mhz/1G/80G/17in), and since I've had it, it's hung twice, and had a
> kernel panic once. That's in 3 days. My feeling is that the extra memory
> might be mismatched for the computer (it feels very hot on the back when
> running). What has the experience of Mac fans here been? I can't imagine
> Apple allowing something that crashes so much to go out the door...

jeffrey kay
-- shinkuro <jeff!shinkuro.com>
-- aim <jkayk2>
-- weblog <k2.com>
-- pgp <www.k2.com/keys.htm>

securely share files and collaborate using shinkuro -- <www.shinkuro.com>

"first get your facts, then you can distort them at your leisure" -- mark
twain
"if the person in the next lane at the stoplight rolls up the window and
locks the door, support their view of life by snarling at them" -- a biker's
guide to life
"if A equals success, then the formula is A equals X plus Y plus Z. X is
work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." -- albert einstein