[FoRK] Artificial sweeteners may interfere with body's ability to regulate food intake

Adam L Beberg beberg at mithral.com
Mon Jul 5 11:49:07 PDT 2004

On Jul 5, 2004, at 12:56 PM, Elias Sinderson wrote:

> Michael wrote:
>
>> [...] I wonder which sweeteners they studied though as there is quite
>> an assortment. I wonder if there is a difference between products
>> using something like Equal and those using something like Splenda.
>> [...]
>
> I wouldn't be surprised if there are differences in the way that
> various artificial sweeteners affect you. While I can't speak for
> Splenda [TM], there's a fair amount of research on aspartame in
> particular that is quite horrifying - especially when considering the
> speed with which it was approved by the FDA... Kind of makes one
> wonder how well the FDA is 'protecting the consumer' in other
> respects.

Sugar is totally harmless, now caffeine on the other hand, truly is
horrifying. Just don't try and have kids with anyone who drank the
stuff and you'll be fine.

Why people go through so much trouble to replace the yummy one with
something scary, and keep the bad one and even add more, can only
involve capitalism.

Or, maybe people are just so lazy and or stupid, that they think a few
sugar calories are the cause of their misery... yea, that's probably
it. Damn public schools.

- Adam L. Beberg - beberg at mithral.com
   http://www.mithral.com/~beberg/