[FoRK] Teenagers in SF/SJ
Kenneth.Meltsner at ca.com
Sun May 30 15:25:31 PDT 2004
As a teenager growing up in the East Bay many years ago, I used to love taking the bus, or later driving, into Berkeley:
* Telegraph Avenue, a continuous street fair with bookstores
* Lawrence Hall of Science (when I was younger, to be honest), high in the Berkeley hills
* Fenton's (ice cream) in Oakland
* Everett and Jones barbecue on San Pablo and University in Berkeley, or Flint's in Oakland
* Chinatown in San Francisco
* Various electronics surplus shops and such in the flats of Berkeley
My memories are now more than a couple of decades out of date -- I know that McCallum's ice cream shop is long gone, for example -- but I think these are still around.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the FoRK