[FoRK] Teenagers in SF/SJ

Meltsner, Kenneth Kenneth.Meltsner at ca.com
Sun May 30 15:25:31 PDT 2004

As a teenager growing up in the East Bay many years ago, I used to love taking the bus, or later driving, into Berkeley:

*  Telegraph Avenue, a continuous street fair with bookstores

*  Lawrence Hall of Science (when I was younger, to be honest), high in the Berkeley hills

Also:

*  Fenton's (ice cream) in Oakland

*  Everett and Jones barbecue on San Pablo and University in Berkeley, or Flint's in Oakland

*  Chinatown in San Francisco

*  Various electronics surplus shops and such in the flats of Berkeley

My memories are now more than a couple of decades out of date -- I know that McCallum's ice cream shop is long gone, for example -- but I think these are still around.

Ken