[FoRK] Teenagers in SF/SJ

Stephen D. Williams sdw at lig.net
Sat May 29 17:04:57 PDT 2004

I'm finally taking a real vacation with my two youngest children in
July.  My daughter is 12 and my son is 16.  My son's interested in
programming, games, art, and anime.  My daughter is interested in
science, shopping, outdoors camps, etc.

Because I have relatives in Hawaii, we're going to be there for a while
and then spend about 4.5 days in SF and surrounding area.  I have some
ideas of what's cool, but I thought it might be beneficial to ask for
some geek / academic native / insider ideas.

I considered taking them on some kind of tour, informal or semi-formal,
of Stanford and Berkeley for a feel of non-community colleges.

Other ideas include the obligatory wharf, art shops,
bridge/park/Sasalito, Alcatraz, Chinatown on Saturday (market day,
right?), and the Friday night inline skate around the city.

What do you think is coolest with the above goals?