[FoRK] The Art Center Design Conference

Rohit Khare khare at alumni.caltech.edu
Sun Mar 7 01:49:45 PST 2004

Surely you'd heard of this event, but just in case -- this sounds like
a LOT of fun...!

Wishing he were back in Pasadena to drop by -- and had a $1000 burning
a hole in his pocket!
   Rohit

=========================
http://artcenter.edu/designconference
> The Art Center Design Conference:
>  Stories from the Source: Design Excursions Out of the Ordinary
> Thursday, March 18 — Sunday, March 21, 2004
>  At the College’s new South Campus in downtown Pasadena, California
>
>  We are pleased to invite you to a meeting of inspirational,
> risk-taking, and provocative deep-thinkers from an extraordinary range
> of fields. The first Art Center Design Conference, part of an
> international outreach from America’s premier design school, will
> probe deeply into the ideas and issues that are core to design
> innovation today. We will examine, through the lens of design, how the
> arts, sciences, media and technology are shaped by this pivotal
> discipline and how design is the medium in which the stories of our
> time are told.
>
>  Through personal narrative,Stories from the Source: Design Excursions
> Out of the Ordinary will take you on a journey into the process of
> invention—in design and beyond—as revealed by leading visionaries of
> our time. For three days you will be a part of an intersection of
> disciplines, an unconventional think-tank doubly enhanced by its
> connection to a remarkable educational institution.
>
>  In addition to a stellar lineup of speakers, each with a unique story
> to tell, The Art Center Design Conference will inaugurate the school’s
> spectacular new South Campus and public education center in downtown
> Pasadena. Two milestone events worth celebrating.

Thursday, March 18
5:30 p.m. Welcome address, keynote speech and entertainment