[FoRK] RE: FoRK Digest, Vol 11, Issue 24

Gregory Alan Bolcer gbolcer at endeavors.com
Mon Mar 1 06:52:54 PST 2004

Ah Paul,  "Like the winds, people follow their own paths" --Kagemusha

Interestingly enough, Kagemusha was Kurosawa's greatest production
and in 1980 also one of the most expensive.  Francis Coppola helped
finance it along with George Lucas when financing became difficult
(shades of apocalypse now).

Incidentally, Sophia's inspiration for the Bill Murray whisky commercial
was a photo of her father, Francis, and Akira Kurosawa who made
Suntory commercials for years.

Greg