[FoRK] time commitment for a w3c wg?

Lucas Gonze lgonze at panix.com
Thu Jan 29 09:39:48 PST 2004

On Thursday, Jan 29, 2004, at 12:18 America/New_York, Mark Baker wrote:
> The rule of thumb is a day a week, which IME is accurate when
> interpreted as the average amount of time you'll spend over the
> lifetime
> of the WG.  But during the busy time, you could easily double that,
> perhaps for as long as a year.
>
> It also depends on what kind of role you want to play.
> What's the WG?

It's the SMIL WG, which is going to start working on some specific
extensions.  The SMIL spec is large and hairy -- getting really close
to it is going to take a lot of background reading.

This is a tough decision.  There are good reasons to do it, but I'm
worried that I won't be able to keep up with other commitments as well
as I want to.

Thanks, Mark.

- Lucas