[FoRK] [External] : Re: Is this a dumb question?

Reza B'Far reza.bfar at oracle.com
Wed Mar 10 21:48:51 PST 2021

Interesting... so, how would that work in practice from Nation/State
sponsored attacks?  As in where would you restrict things? You would
restrict, say *.cn?

I like Network/Hardware solutions over software solutions because they
erect physical barriers that have a much higher cost.  Bunch of dudes in
a basement can't access satellites or subterranean cables (well, not
easily and at low cost).  I think you could really fight things like
IP-theft which seem to be a big focus of the recent attacks by just
"cutting off" the hose.