[FoRK] Is this a dumb question?

Reza B'Far reza.bfar at oracle.com
Mon Mar 8 11:21:14 PST 2021

Reading the details of the Chinese attack... and the Russian attack...

Why would the western world not just go to a model where bit hoses of
internet are closed to those countries?  I mean, I understand there is
really no effective way of "cutting off" networks globally... but there
are ways to basically restrict bandwidth and that would really create
problems for those countries.  Why would we not do that?  Like why would
NATO for example have a wing that can just limit the bandwidth to a
point where it becomes very "expensive" to mount large attacks?