[SPORK] Weird definition of "draining the swamp"

Owen Byrne owen at permafrost.net
Wed Apr 30 13:20:01 PDT 2003

> Just to be clear, you are saying that the US oil companies will go in,
> pump the oil, load it on a ship and bring it back to the US of A w/o
> paying the Iraqis a dime (much less market price) for their oil?  If
> you really believe that, you need to lay off the crack :-)

Well just to be clear - the US will go in - pump the oil (untendered
contract), refine the oil (untendered contract), ship it or pipeline it
to market (untendered contract) and sell the oil (untendered contract).
Ask any rock star how that works - sure you get market price - after all
the expenses are covered. I'm sure that the expenses will be covered
sometime just after all the oil is gone. First they have to pay the
murderers to replace their bombs, then I'm sure they'll have to pay the
costs of the fascists currently in charge, then I'm sure there is the
whole raft of carpetbaggers salivating at a new batch of  US
government-sponspored monopolies.

And of course US organized crime is in for the ride - seems clear the
gov gave them an advance notice on lucrative targets for looting.

Owen