[SPORK] Holy Shiite! US pulling out of Saudi Arabia

Russell Turpin deafbox at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 30 15:30:00 PDT 2003

Owen Byrne:
>The upside of it is - basically the rest of
>the world has learned the no. 1 rule for negotiations with the US. ALWAYS
>assume they're lying, and that their paramount goal
>is to sabotage multilateralism.

That's a bit unfair, Owen. Like all democracies,
our government changes quite bit with every new
administration. Had you directed your comments
to the Bush administration, I could not gainsay
you. But I see no reason to think that deceit
is in the nature of the US, rather than in the
nature of the current administration.