BSE/CJD

Adam L. Beberg beberg at mithral.com
Tue Apr 29 20:00:25 PDT 2003

On Tue, 29 Apr 2003, James Rogers wrote:

> Calves in particular seem to find dead critters tasty when left to their own
> devices out in the wild and will actually chase down morsels (clumsily, but
> with occasional success).  Blew my mind the first time I saw it, but I've
> seen enough odd dietary patterns that I've come to suspect that *most*
> animals have a taste for meat (sometimes not very selective either), but
> most aren't built to procure their own.

Unfortunately that article is a bit old, and the deer, bears, and other
tastey animals in the midwest are pandemic with prions.

This is about as close to grey goo as we're gonna see, and it's cheaper too.

Of course as someone who consumes mass quantities of dairy and plenty of
tastey animals, with tons of "alzheimers" in the family, my odds of having
this are basicly 110%. At least you die laughing :)

- Adam L. Beberg - beberg at mithral.com
  http://www.mithral.com/~beberg/