BSE/CJD

Justin Mason jm at jmason.org
Tue Apr 29 17:20:16 PDT 2003

> Ted Koppel interviewed Dr. Richard Marsh on Nightline two weeks ago. It went
> like this. Koppel: But we (USA) don't feed sheep brains to cows, do we?" Marsh
> blinked. "I don't know where your information comes from, but we do." He was
> instantly cut off by a commercial and did not reappear that night. (Capitol
> Cities which owns ABC was founded by William Casey of the CIA. It is as close
> to being an official mouthpiece of the oligarchy as exists. Oh hey, get real.
> Why do you think Kissinger is their favorite 'witness.' He's practically the
> ABC poster boy.

Didn't Oprah make a comment about US cows being fed meal containing
nervous tissue from other mammals (and the BSE risks thereof), get
threatened with a lawsuit from some beef producing organization, then
retract the comment?

So what is the status of cannibal animal feed?  And what about those
hormones -- are they still legal over here?

--j. (hoping Trader Joe's meat is alright. wait, that sounds all wrong)