[=HTech] Re: Tlion? (wPCgn)

Adam L. Beberg beberg at mithral.com
Tue Apr 29 14:36:51 PDT 2003

On Tue, 29 Apr 2003, Dave Long wrote:

> Hypothalamically speaking, it's not any better to be smart, fast,
> strong, and and healthy today than it was thousands of years ago.  (I'd
> miss peanut butter)

But it's still a few orders of magnitude better to be fit then unfit. Now
you're just poor and irrelivant, back then you just ended up as preditor
food.

> But it probably is better to be a child, or aged, or female.  Seems to
> me that the stupid, slow, weak, and sickly are the groups who have
> received the most benefit from the future in the past.

Yes, technology allows the unfit to fake it. Google, cars, forklifts, and
vaccenes "smooth" the curves out greatly. Oh, and dont forget the greatest
tool of the unfit - government.

This is all good of course, since us geeks (by definition) are smart but not
fast/strong/healthy.

- Adam L. Beberg - beberg at mithral.com
  http://www.mithral.com/~beberg/