Transhumanity, like it or not?

Brian Atkins brian at posthuman.com
Mon Apr 28 21:20:55 PDT 2003

Tom wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Apr 2003, Brian Atkins wrote:
>
> --]
> --]Please stop making these absolutely incorrect statements. This is the
> --]antithesis of our volition-based hopes for the future. We have always
> --]maintained that in such a future, anyone who wants to stay the same
> --]should be able to make that choice, and furthermore have it enforced for
> --]them when necessary.
>

> WE? who is WE?

We are the Singularity Institute... SIAI. If you aren't even aware of
that, then again perhaps you should rethink making any further
accusatory statements regarding subjects you are little informed about.

> So plain old humans get to be the PETA pet cause of the benevolent
> Transys.

*shrug* I certainly have no idea how the future will turn out. If even
some kind of intelligent society is intact 50 years from now that will
in itself be a big win, relatively.
--
Brian Atkins
http://www.singinst.org/