Transhumanity, like it or not? (was: Prince Charles gets nervous)

Tom tomwhore at slack.net
Mon Apr 28 15:47:21 PDT 2003

On Mon, 28 Apr 2003, Jeff Bone wrote:
--]
--]Russell, they close the option for themselves.  Or rather, the option
--]closes itself for them.

Devils advocate here, reminds me of the whole smoker/non smoker thing.
Where do the rights of the smoker begin and end etc etc. Can we have a
TransHumanist world where humans can not have be "trans"ed, or will it
simply be on large Trans club where the nontrans are ostracized, ridiculed
and worse yet made into some PETA <> Animal relationship.

Or does everyone have to breath in the smoke wether they want to or not.

Also, nothing and no one has proven that Transhuman is a good thing because
simply put you can not prove or disprove it. Your running on your own
ideology and (wait for it) faith.

I still think the Eli's of the movement will win out and it will become
this "For your own good you have to be a borg" style thing. Why? Because
power corrupts.

"In todays news, the gov has issued a new recall for their DRM cortex
implants that were mandated last month. Reports of memory loss and
subversion of will have prompted the investigation. "