The case for "whatever it takes" to get to transhumanity

Jeff Bone jbone at deepfile.com
Mon Apr 28 14:28:08 PDT 2003

I've posted these before, I'm sure, but the most concise and cogent set
of arguments I've seen for allowing / pursuing whatever it takes to get
to transhumanity can be had in a pair of papers by Nick Bostrom.
First, a good summary of the risks (including self-induced) of human
extinction:

	http://www.nickbostrom.com/existential/risks.html

...and second, a philosophical / economic argument for *minimum* delay
to progress, potentially modulo self-induced extinction risks:

	http://www.nickbostrom.com/astronomical/waste.html

$0.02,

jb