[SPORK] Bush says "oops," doesn't realize it?

Jeff Bone jbone at deepfile.com
Fri Apr 25 10:03:01 PDT 2003

  LIMA, Ohio, April 24 -- President Bush today raised the possibility
that Saddam Hussein's government destroyed the prohibited chemical and
biological weapons that were the justification for the U.S. invasion of
Iraq.

The president made the suggestion at a celebratory event at the plant
here that makes Abrams tanks, 900 of which have been used in the Iraq
war. Addressing concerns about anarchy in Iraq and the absence so far
of forbidden weapons, he urged patience on both counts while U.S.
troops try to disarm and stabilize the country of 23 million.

"It's going to take time to find them," Bush said of Iraq's weapons of
mass destruction. Speaking before hundreds of cheering workers, an
enormous U.S. flag and five tanks with guns pointed skyward, he added:
"But we know he had them. And whether he destroyed them, moved them or
hid them, we're going to find out the truth."

	<more>

	http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A34859-2003Apr24.html

----

Damnable idiot.  So maybe they destroyed these weapons.  Maybe.  So
says POTUS-CINC --- finally, after the fact.  Well, wasn't that what
they were *supposed* to do?  Wasn't that what we *wanted* them to do,
what the inspections were supposed to confirm had we let them go on,
what we *insisted* (apparently in total ignorance) that they had not
done?

I wonder if Bush realizes just how stupid this makes him look, or just
how incredible this makes America in general?  Doubt it.  Fuck, at this
point he should continue to insist on the validity of our causus belli
no matter what!  I hope Bush enjoyed his little paper tiger-destroying
adventure, given everything it has and will cost us.  I would hate to
see Bush vindicated, but I almost wish we'd find something just so that
we could recover a tiny modicum of whuffie.

jb