Jeff Barr in the news...

Adam L. Beberg beberg at mithral.com
Fri Apr 25 09:33:26 PDT 2003

On Thu, 24 Apr 2003, Mr. FoRK wrote:

> Jeff Barr is the Amazon Web Services (AWS) evangelist. His presentation on

Speaking of Amazon, whenever I poke around there to pricecheck something, I
ALWAYS find it 15-90% cheaper on their "Used & New".

Granted they are just saving me a trip to another site, but even if their
listing fee is an absurd 10%, Amazon still has little to zero hope of
maintaining margins even near what bricks and browse stores have.

Amazon has definatly fallen off the hype bandwagon, Ebay is now the place to
be. They have the advantage of not having to sell anything, a near complete
monopoly, and rediculous fees due to the monopoly. And now they own
Paypal, another near monopoly item with rediculous fees just like VISA/MC,
oh wait they are just a front end for a credit card, no wonder.

Just goes to show you that the monopoly-to-make-a-dime rule is still in
effect.

- Adam L. Beberg - beberg at mithral.com
  http://www.mithral.com/~beberg/