quote of the day

Gregory Alan Bolcer gbolcer at endeavors.com
Wed Apr 23 13:06:36 PDT 2003

My favorite quote of the day regarding Cisco's
inability to bolt on privacy controls after they built
in "spyware" backdoors to a lot of their routers.
 From Dan Gillmor's GMSV.

Greg

http://www.siliconvalley.com/mld/siliconvalley/business/columnists/gmsv/
Cisco's cop-out is the same one you hear from every company
  that makes such tools. It's basically a position once satirized
  by Tom Lehrer: `` `Once ze rockets go up, who cares where
  zey come down? That's not my department,' says Wernher von Braun.''