[CORK] Oryx and Crake, Margaret Atwood

Jeff Bone jbone at deepfile.com
Wed Apr 23 12:22:38 PDT 2003

Margaret Atwood is at it again.  Given the Handmaid's Tale-like
character of America these days, her new book is on my must-read short
list...  nb, it looks like a technology cautionary tale sort of thing,
and that's troublesome.  The emergent neo-Luddites may yet cost us the
Singularity.  But I haven't read this book yet, so I don't know if
she's verging into that camp or not:

Also, I can't remember if I posted this or not (or if somebody else
here pointed me at it!  apologies if this is a dupe) but just in case,