2/3rds chance of a Loma Prieta+ class quake in 30 years

Steve Dossick sdossick at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 22 22:37:44 PDT 2003

When I bought my house here on the SF peninsula two years ago, my insurance
person pretty much told us not to bother with earthquake insurance.  In a
major quake, none of the insurance companies will pay out; instead FEMA will
take over and some kind of disaster relief fund will pay for damages.  This
is what happened last time apparently.

-s