AOL Blackmail

Adam L. Beberg beberg at mithral.com
Tue Apr 22 12:37:52 PDT 2003

Evil bastards... but smart.

So now that everyone in the family finally has DSL, I went ahead and
canceled my AOL account after 7 years. I talked to 3 separate people at AOL
that all said that AIM would still work fine, and that they were completely
separate systems. Everything would be fine.

Today, on what would have been my AOL billing day, AIM stopped working.
After a half dozen poeple and a couple supervisors, I was given everything
from "our policy on that changed april 15th" (after I cancelled) to "it's
always been that way".

Now I'm being blackmailed for $4.95/month, forever.

So... any FoRKers know any lawyers that hate AOL (it's a stretch, I know)
and like class action lawsuits? As they said on the phone, they do this to
everyone.

- Adam L. Beberg - beberg at mithral.com
  http://www.mithral.com/~beberg/