Clinton Republicans

Jeff Bone jbone at deepfile.com
Mon Apr 21 16:22:04 PDT 2003

On Monday, Apr 21, 2003, at 15:06 US/Central, Bill Stoddard wrote:

> > Finally:  I challenge *anybody* on this list to
>> honestly step up and say their life was worse off during most of the
>> Clinton presidency than it is now.
>
> and what if I said I lived in California (pre Clinton years) and
> enjoyed owning and shooting an M16 for fun? :-)

Well, then I'd say you have my sympathy --- I too would be miffed.  But
you still aren't making the assertion I'm asking for, here.  Was your
life better or worse, overall, during most of the 90s than it is today?

And given how people associate the times with the figurehead
leadership...  well, you can draw your own conclusions, but from my
vantage point this spells "trubba for Dubya."

> That said, GWB better do what he can and hope/pray the economy turns
> in a positive direction before 2004 elections or his presidency is
> toast.

Yup, my point exactly.  All bets are off if the economy goes vertical
again, but IMHO it won't because of what The Economist has dubbed "The
Bush Effect."

jb