Democrats! Bah, humbug. (was: The Last Laugh)

Tom tomwhore at slack.net
Mon Apr 21 12:27:38 PDT 2003

On Mon, 21 Apr 2003, Russell Turpin wrote:

--]Sure. But we're not going to become a completely
--]direct democracy.

On the federal level, you are correct. As it stands the direct inititive
and ballot measures work great on the local and even state level. Federal
though is where the break down occurs because the  myth of America as One
nation under bog is much like April Levines skills on a skateboard, a
ficition. Once again, a pretty myth but on a working long term day in day
out level unworkable.

Which is why the "the fed does these few things, the states do these
things, and everything else is down on the local/people level" was a great
idea of the framers that we might want to think about actualy doing again.

-tomwsmf