Clinton Republicans

Jeff Bone jbone at
Mon Apr 21 00:54:05 PDT 2003

So rather than write yet another largish screed on how the extreme
elements of the Republican party have co-opted and are selling out the
moderate majority, I'll just offer up a melange of various background

I'm not specifically endorsing anything any of these folks say, I'm
just providing some background.  But the basic argument:

    * The GOP is controlled by two factions:  religious extremists and
corporate criminals
    * It no longer truly stands for its so-called core values:  fiscal
responsibility and small gov't
    * The current GOP is guily of everything they've blasted the Dems
for over the years
       * Massive pandering to special interests
       * Dizzy government growth
       * Unprecedented government intrusiveness
       * Astounding huge budget overruns / deficits
       * Eventual heavily increased taxation when above effects kick
    * Moderates are jumping ship / being driven out

Eyes open, "Libertarian Republicans," "Clinton Republicans" and others.
  The GOP is completely out of control and working against your
interests, and all the 3rd-party protest votes in the world aren't
going to change anything.  Finally:  I challenge *anybody* on this list
to honestly step up and say their life was worse off during most of the
Clinton presidency than it is now.  That's the bottom line, folks.
America was a better place and Americans were better off then, under
the leadership and policies of a moderate / centrist Democrat who the
true lefty "Democrats" despised for being "too Republican."  That's
correlative, not causal --- but correlative it is.

Just say "NO" to The Handmaid's Tale meets Starship Troopers. ;-) :-)