Clinton Republicans

Jeff Bone jbone at deepfile.com
Mon Apr 21 00:54:05 PDT 2003

So rather than write yet another largish screed on how the extreme
elements of the Republican party have co-opted and are selling out the
moderate majority, I'll just offer up a melange of various background
links.

	http://www.commonwealinstitute.org/publications/RINOArticle.htm
	http://www.americanpolitics.com/20020125Hersh.html
	http://slate.msn.com/id/11201/
	http://www.wsws.org/articles/1999/nov1999/bank-n01.shtml
	http://www.perkel.com/politics/gore/repub.htm
	http://www.perkel.com/politics/clinton/repub.htm
	http://www.thepornographyofpower.com/tom34.html
	http://www.lthurow.com/articles/html/clintonsnook.htm
	http://www.ndol.org/ndol_ci.cfm?kaid=86&subid=85&contentid=894
	http://www.cnn.com/2001/ALLPOLITICS/05/25/jeffords.senate.02/
	http://www.democraticunderground.com/articles/01/06/04_moderate.html
	http://www.hrc.org/newsreleases/1999/990302.asp
	http://www.newhouse.com/archive/story1b050900.html
	http://www.datalounge.com/datalounge/news/record.html?record=2058
	http://www.petitiononline.com/ddc18/petition.html
	http://www.nationalreview.com/comment/comment-continetti060502.asp
	http://www.ndol.org/

I'm not specifically endorsing anything any of these folks say, I'm
just providing some background.  But the basic argument:

    * The GOP is controlled by two factions:  religious extremists and
corporate criminals
    * It no longer truly stands for its so-called core values:  fiscal
responsibility and small gov't
    * The current GOP is guily of everything they've blasted the Dems
for over the years
       * Massive pandering to special interests
       * Dizzy government growth
       * Unprecedented government intrusiveness
       * Astounding huge budget overruns / deficits
       * Eventual heavily increased taxation when above effects kick
in...
    * Moderates are jumping ship / being driven out

Eyes open, "Libertarian Republicans," "Clinton Republicans" and others.
  The GOP is completely out of control and working against your
interests, and all the 3rd-party protest votes in the world aren't
going to change anything.  Finally:  I challenge *anybody* on this list
to honestly step up and say their life was worse off during most of the
Clinton presidency than it is now.  That's the bottom line, folks.
America was a better place and Americans were better off then, under
the leadership and policies of a moderate / centrist Democrat who the
true lefty "Democrats" despised for being "too Republican."  That's
correlative, not causal --- but correlative it is.

Just say "NO" to The Handmaid's Tale meets Starship Troopers. ;-) :-)

jb