Democrats! Bah, humbug. (was: The Last Laugh)

Russell Turpin deafbox at
Mon Apr 21 04:58:48 PDT 2003

James Rogers:
>What we *really* need is to go back to the days when the individual States
>were essentially the eminent legal authorities for their region (rather
>than the Federal government).  The US is
>too diverse culturally, socially, and
>economically to have some a group that represents some small cultural
>fraction of the US to have the power of creating broad mandates for the
>entire bloody country. ..

The problem with that line of thought is that our
diversity is not geographically focused. Even if
California, for example, had greater freedom to
do things as it would, IT is so diverse that
those groups would still complain about the
"small cultural fraction" that determined things
in Sacramento.