The Last Laugh

Jeff Bone jbone at deepfile.com
Sun Apr 20 20:45:15 PDT 2003

On Saturday, Apr 19, 2003, at 12:56 US/Central, Gordon Mohr wrote:

> Jeff Bone gets it all wrong as he writes:
>> Bush WILL lose in 2004.  It's unavoidable.  Believing otherwise is
>> nothing but pure delusion.  In order to rationally believe that he'll
>> carry the day in 2004, you've got to believe some significant
>> combination of the following:
>>
>> (1)  There are people who voted for *Gore* last time that will vote
>> Bush in 2004
>
> There are millions of swing voters who can easily make this switch.

CAN and WILL are very different things.  All the reasons people voted
for half-candidate Gore in 2000 are underscored by four years of BUSH
II.  IMHO, but that's extraneous --- amply caveated already.

'Nuf said.

>> (2)  There are people who voted for *Nader* last time that will vote
>> Bush in 2004
>
> There are more things in heaven and earth, Jeffrey, than are dreamt of
> your philosophy.

Right back at ya, "Gordie."  ;-)  Gordon, this is an *OPINION* on my
part, not a fact.  It's suggestive of possible facts, but certainly not
a fact in itself.  Try not to confuse reasonable speculation and
informed opinion with assertion.  We tend to move rather fluidly
between all these things, but I know you can track it if you try. ;-)

For the rest, we'll simply see.  Votes / money talks, bullshit walks.
I freely admit I could be completely full of BS in this matter, but if
I am --- at least my sources + logic have lead me to this conclusion.
It's not merely a matter of wishful thinking.

jb