Skunkworks seeks brilliant hacker (fwd from schear@attbi.com)

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Thu Apr 17 13:00:49 PDT 2003

The job market being tough now, this might be appropriate here.

----- Forwarded message from Steve Schear <schear at attbi.com> -----

From: Steve Schear <schear at attbi.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 17:10:49 -0700
To: cypherpunks at lne.com
Subject: Skunkworks seeks brilliant hacker

Skunkworks research group seeks brilliant hacker

Reply to: sf_skunkworks at hotmail.com
Date: 2003-04-15, 11:59AM

We are a small, tightly-knit special research division of a money
management firm, and we are seeking a new member for our team. Our
mission is to create tools that complement human intelligence. Instead
of trying to predict the future with "quant" techniques, we prefer to create
information systems that lead to better decisions. To fulfill our
skunkworks name, we combine computers, networks, and other technology
with statistics, mathematics, and the latest academic research, and use
these to gain advantageous information about our investments.

The candidate we seek is a skilled hacker with an active mind. You will
be required to invent your own next project, implement it, and use it
in collaboration with the rest of the team. ...