[MORK] Message for JB

Jeff Bone jbone at deepfile.com
Thu Apr 17 01:30:59 PDT 2003

On Wednesday, Apr 16, 2003, at 23:46 US/Central, Bill Humphries wrote:

> It's too late. They are in Hell's anteroom, waiting for the annoying
> Englishman to berate them. I've already lost my coworkers to the
> "American Idol" meme.

The recent trends in television entertainment may indeed be a swift
ride straight to Hell, but I'm determined to make the most of it. ;-)
Woot!  And thank GOD for Tivo! ;-)

As for Simon --- he's my favorite judge.  A real straight shooter.  I
agree w/ him more often than not.  I get a bit annoyed when I feel that
he's intentionally reaching for a disproportionate slam, but I don't
really think he does that very often.

FWIW, the thing I find most interesting about American Idol is that
it's an interesting experiment in electronic democracy and
multiple-vote systems. :-)  I also take it as a bit of a challenge to
try to swing the results w/ my autodialing campaign.  The underdog
always gets my thousandish votes.  (NikkiDial!  Woot!  Hey, it worked
last time:  we killed Tamyra --- who admittedly deserved much better
--- and pushed Nikki into #3.)

jb