[CORK] There's Hope For The Kids

Jeff Bone jbone at deepfile.com
Wed Apr 16 16:05:40 PDT 2003

On Wednesday, Apr 16, 2003, at 13:49 US/Central, Owen Byrne wrote:

> I'm sorry but to my mind Beavis and Butthead is just as subversive as
> South Park.

B&B:  first-order ironic.  Pre-existing context required.  Subversive
like a Zen koan.
SP:  higher-order ironic, but often carries its own context.
Subversion more accessible to masses.

I like 'em both, but (paradoxically) it takes more native intelligence
to have an ah-ha moment via B&B, IMHO.  Sadly, most of the audience for
B&B probably didn't really have the lobes to make use of the lessons...

Huh.  huh.

:-)

jb