[STORK] A gadget wish

Joseph S. Barrera III joe at barrera.org
Wed Apr 16 10:36:04 PDT 2003

Jeff Bone wrote:

> I was really surprised by how much New Good Stuff there is a few
> months back when my MP3 player broke and I was forced to revert to
> radio...  had I continued in my insular little world of
> self-programmed stuff, I would never have realized that there's a kind
> of sea-change in progress.

So what I would propose as the solution (and plan to do, soon) is to
record hours of mp3s
from streaming audio, and then click-and-choose when in the car. And
there's lots of streaming
audio out there (still), including lots of college radio stations e.g. KFJC.

http://www.kfjc.org/netcast.html

- Joe