[STORK] A gadget wish

Joseph S. Barrera III joe at barrera.org
Wed Apr 16 10:12:18 PDT 2003

Jeff Bone wrote:

> Basically, what I want in my car is a Tivo for radio.  I want
> something that records and buffers the tuned stream, or maybe monitors
> and captures stuff using some sort of categorical filter on several
> channels in the background.  I want a simple set of features:
>
>     * tune radio broadcasts
>     * BONUS:  tune WiFi or wired streams if available
>     * pause, rewind, etc. a "buffer" of what I'm listening to

I know that there are things to capture wired streams and record them --
which for me is better than capturing commercial radio. There's a list here:

http://radio.about.com/cs/recordingstreams/

It's not everything, but it's a start. In fact now that I have an mp3 player
in my Honda, I may (re)investigate some of these tools.

- Joe