The difference an edit makes

johnhall johnhall at isomedia.com
Tue Apr 15 19:09:05 PDT 2003

I agree your version is correct.

Although Syria seems to be volunteering for a game of Cowboys and Arabs
I don't think it will happen, especially in the next 6 months.

Israel is arguably in worse shape strategically than it was before.
(Major Israeli papers have pointed that out).  With America in Iraq
willing to do its own dirty work, the value of Israel as a strategic
asset for the US is far less.

Also, Bush is under huge pressure to appease the Arabs by sacrificing
Israel.  Israel was in better shape when people were more worried about
Iraq.

> From: fork-bounces at xent.com [mailto:fork-bounces at xent.com] On Behalf
Of
> Damien Morton

> """In Washington, the Pentagon declared that, with the fall of
Saddam's