[SPORK] Deconstructing Iraq: not oil per se... just plain economics.

Adam L. Beberg beberg at mithral.com
Tue Apr 15 10:22:00 PDT 2003

On Mon, 14 Apr 2003, Jeff Bone wrote:

> Apologies for the somewhat stale bits.  I've been looking for other,
> more authoritative sources re: the hypothesis proposed below,
> particularly details about "Axis of Evil" nations moving to a euro-based
> trading policy, particularly timing...  any pointers appreciated.

Ah, so glad to see I'm not the only one who can see bad things coming. Wish
I had bookmarked a bunch of other articles on this. The fundamental numbers
of the US economy haven't quite passed the smell test for quite some time
now, and the Euro is coming on strong.

The Euro relative to the dollar will very shortly have FAR more users,
backed by much more responsible governments. Also their population isn't all
just as far overextended into debt as the US government. Not to mention the
demographic time bomb.nuke we're staring in the face.

It doesn't take Alan Greenspan to see that the Euro zone will soon dwarf any
previous economic collective, and will soon be running the show.

And you thought I was joking about keeping your savings in Euros didn't
you ;)

- Adam L. Beberg - beberg at mithral.com
  http://www.mithral.com/~beberg/