NYTimes.com Article: In Searching the Web, Google Finds Riches

Jeffrey Kay jeff at k2.com
Mon Apr 14 11:10:36 PDT 2003

> (3) Search spamming has lessened. I can't
> remember the last time I received email spam
> promising to place my Web page at the top of
> search results.

Lucky you -- I still get them.  Fortunately SpamAssassin takes care of
them for me.

Speaking of spam, has anyone noticed the increase in plain text spam
lately?  Seems the spammers have figured out that sending big HTML files
triggers the spam killers more easily.  I'm now seeing an influx of
plain text messages, carefully worded to avoid spam killers.
SpamAssassin seems to be less effective against these messages.  Perhaps
I just need to install a later version.

jeffrey kay
weblog <k2.com> pgp key <www.k2.com/keys.htm> aim <jkayk2>
share files with me -- get shinkuro -- <www.shinkuro.com>

"first get your facts, then you can distort them at your leisure" --
mark twain
"if the person in the next lane at the stoplight rolls up the window and
locks the door, support their view of life by snarling at them" -- a
biker's guide to life
"if A equals success, then the formula is A equals X plus Y plus Z. X is
work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." -- albert einstein