[SPORK] Evil is Bipartisan

Jeff Bone jbone at deepfile.com
Sun Apr 13 13:19:21 PDT 2003

Just to demonstrate that my chronic attacks against the Bush regime et.
al. aren't in the service of some partisan Democratic agenda...  I'm an
equal-opportunity bipartisan basher.  I *will* vote for whatever
Democratic candidate is offered in 2004, since almost anything is
preferable to what we've got.  The one notable exception to that rule
is Sen. Joe Lieberman.  "Pray" (if that's what you do) that he doesn't
get the Dem's nod...

----

Let's not forget that the some of the scarier elements of the
"Democratic Party" and the "Republican Party" are closer together than
one might believe just listening to the talking heads' jingofest.  In
particular, let's not forget that Sen. Joe Lieberman is the worst of
all possible worlds:  a big-gov't authoritarian with fiscal leftist
leanings.  (Remember that this is the same part of the political
compass occupied by such notables as Stalin and Hitler.)  He's an
all-around nasty piece of work, as bad in his own way as Cheney or Bush
or Ashcroft, as Armey or Barr or DeLay or Henry Hyde;  he's a central
figure in the bipartisan Beltway Axis of Evil that brought us the DHS,
USA PATRIOT I, and now USA PATRIOT II:

"On June 6, 2002, President Bush announced a plan to create a new
cabinet-level department of homeland security, and on June 24, 2002,
Representative Armey introduced the Homeland Security Act of 2002 (H.R.
5005). Senator Lieberman previously introduced a similar bill, the
National Homeland Security and Combating Terrorism Act of 2002 (S.
2452), which was marked up on May 22, 2002, in the Senate Committee on
Governmental Affairs. "

	http://gordon.house.gov/NR/exeres/3F70C7A3-EE7B-4FD3-BD06-
615154AF1453.htm

Joe Lieberman Joins Big Brother:  The Return of the Thought Police.
"By directing Americans to conduct illegal searches—searches the police
would not have the authority to conduct without a warrant—on their
fellow Americans, the U.S. Government is essentially turning the
average citizen into an extension of the thought police."

	http://www.villagevoice.com/issues/0233/hentoff.php

Joe Lieberman:  the Yankee Tartuffe.  A Connecticut Yankee Of Sorts In
The Bush King's Court, Joe Lieberman is the embodiment of classic
literature's most infamous fraud, French playwright Moliere's TARTUFFE.
A pious, mealy-mouthed man of the cloth, whose mock-faith, and rank
hypocrisy conceals an enormity of sin, Joe Lieberman is a twenty-four
carat charlatan. Hark the angels scorn...  "The Patriot Act" was
conceived by Joe Lieberman.

	http://www.counterpunch.org/vachon02252003.html

Re: DHS domestic intel role:  "For the first time, we would create a
new intelligence division focused on the threats to our homeland,
equipped to truly connect the intelligence and law enforcement dots
from Federal, State, and local agencies, from human and signal
intelligence, from closed and open sources, from law enforcement and
foreign sources, including particularly the Counterterrorism Center at
the CIA," Sen. Lieberman said.

	http://www.fas.org/sgp/news/secrecy/2002/09/090902.html

Full text of the Patriot Act II, co-authored by Lieberman, Aschcroft,
and others.:

	http://www.publicintegrity.org/dtaweb/downloads/
Story_01_020703_Doc_1.pdf

----

jb

---

When the government’s boot is on your throat, whether it is a left boot
or a right boot is of no consequence.

	-Gary Lloyd