FairTax: RTFM

Russell Turpin deafbox at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 10 20:42:54 PDT 2003

Jeff Bone:
>Every objection you've raised is dealt with  in the various documents. ..

I didn't see any discussion of the international
ramifications. If I missed it, please let me
know where. I want to know if I have to pay that
23% on medicines from Canadian pharmacies, and
how that will be collected.

Beyond that, I hope the idea gets traction. It
will be tweaked, and I don't believe its numbers,
but as you point out, anything is better than an
income tax. The big risk is that we'll end up
with both a national sales tax AND an income tax.
I'd like to see any tax revision scheme get
coupled to Congress initiating a repeal of the
16th amendment.

The "fair" tax would be an especially good change
for me. Since my consumption after rent is well
below the rebate level, I'll get a subsidy, as
will everyone who lives modestly. How can I
complain?