FairTax, doom, and net-net

Tom tomwhore at slack.net
Thu Apr 10 13:27:57 PDT 2003

Now comes the interesting the interesting bits...

We moev away from the Federal Payroll taxes and on to a per transaction
tax.

Does this cover EVERY transaction? Where I think this would be both
great, from my viewpoint, and horrible, from the tax collectors veiwpoint,
would be in alternative exchange mediums.

For instance Ithica Hours [1], who even tell you hwo to set one up
yourself [2], and many have [3]. Even casual bartering would be a great
way to decrease you federal transactional spending.

Also, if transactional exchanges become the Fed tax source, how long to
maryjane gets her coming out party?

Some thoughts.

[1] http://www.ithacahours.org/
[2] http://www.ithacahours.com/starterkit.html