[SPORK] Where are they, dammit?!? I KNOW they're here somewhere!

Jeff Bone jbone at deepfile.com
Wed Apr 9 21:17:33 PDT 2003

Iraq's weapons 'must be found'

Donald Rumsfeld says finding Iraq's alleged banned weapons is still
imperative - though evidence they exist is still thin.

	http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/2933923.stm

----

I don't know who is suffering from greater delusion / denial --- Rummy
and the rest of the hawks, or that wacky Muhammed al-Sahhaf.  At least
Iraq's Minister of Information has an excuse for his bizarre
de/re-construction of reality, i.e. Saddam's gun to his head.  Rummy
only *thinks* he has / has had Saddam's gun to his head.

If they try really hard, maybe the Inner Circle of Darkness in D.C. can
*will* these things into being.  Maybe Asscruft can hold a prayer
meeting or something, drum up a little divine intervention.

It won't matter even if we do find them, though.  At most we're going
to find some little cache of strategically worthless gas canisters or
something, and every "war party" nut in the country's going to start
beating their chests, whooting, and saying "I told you so"  ---
entirely missing the point that whatever kinds of "WMD" they might have
probably aren't really very M or D and never really posed a threat to
us in the first place.

jb