Before GAB redefines "Shock and Awe" let's set the record straightwas Re: Newspeak

Christopher Herot cherot at herot.com
Wed Apr 9 19:24:41 PDT 2003

The "output" of bringing down a government isn't even on the same scale as
leveling a few buildings.  While 9/11 was certainly traumatic, the only
lasting effect on the USA was to encourage our recent military adventures.

While precision guided munitions are expensive, we have had to use a lot
less tons of explosive than in many previous wars, lost less expensive
planes (and expensive to train pilots), and lost less lives on both sides,
than it took to invade, say, Stalingrad or Grozny.