Yahoo! News Story - Jailed Iraqi children run free as marines roll into Baghdad suburbs

Joseph S Barrera III joe at barrera.org
Tue Apr 8 21:14:29 PDT 2003

Tom ranted as follows:
> What I am saying that what is going on over there is a crime to humanity
> but in large or small part this goverment we call the US has had its part
> in making it that way and more to the point while we are no where near
> the overt brutaliity that goes on every day there we are well on our way
> to getting thier ina generation or two.

Yes. But is it better to be consistent, or to try to fix our mess?
I pick the latter.

> The US gov has been in thick with the hows and whys of many goverments in
> the world, Iraq is just one of them. We have bolstered, ousted, sanctioned
> and funded the situation in that for decades. Back in the 70's there
> was the outcry of Iranian Americans to wake us up to the crule rules of

See above.

> the Shah, they fellas we put in charge there. I remeber as a kid seeing
> people with posters and mock ups of torture devies the Shah used on the
> people.  One image I will never forget is of a fella wrapped up with
> aluminum foil pretednding to be electrocuted while his wife cried  as
> she handed out pamphletes. America was supporting this shit and hey were
> trying to tell us. Did we heed it? Nope. The  situation got so bad the
> country boiled over, kicked out the shah and then  grabbed americans as
> hostages .

Yes. We fucked up. Except of course there WAS a war going on,
the Cold War, and now that it's over we don't have to do the
sort of shit we did during the cold war.

> We funded Hussan and now we have spent over 10 years fighting, doing no
> fly zones and sanctions to clean up the mess. We are in the diplomatic
> crapper. Once we secure the place we are going to be spending years either
> helping the human wreckage we have either strewn or that was strewn in

That is the plan. It's our duty as citizens to make sure we stick
to that plan.

> Meanwhile back at the ranch we will be newspeaking the population down
> with Patriot Acts, putting the fear of GOD back in the schools and in the

No argument here

> hearts of the children, watch as our workforce has less and less jobs to

I don't know if you can really blame the current bust on Bush.
We had a hell of a bubble and it's going to take a while to
ride out the burst.

> keep them busy and thus given them ample time to take up other hobies,
> like say the hobbies the folks in the Republic of the Congo have ("them
> smarty pants peacenicks, they need to be taught a lesson" "hey look, is
> that a towel head?" "looke there jimbob, that must be one of them
> hOmosexuals, lets see if he bleeds pink")

So you expect that we'll have an increase in hate crimes?
I don't see it.

> Please open your scope. I am not equating the nows, I am sizing up the
> eventualities of our actions.

My scope already is expanded, really honestly.

> Get it now? If not, fuck off, I dont have time for the selfcastrated.

I woke up this morning with a bad hangover and my penis was
missing again. This happens all the time. It's detachable.

- Joe