The Spanish Prisoner in Baghdad...

Wayne Baisley baisley at alumni.rice.edu
Sat Apr 5 15:34:08 PST 2003

R. A. Hettinga wrote:

> Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the first Iraqi Spanish Prisoner/Nigerian 419 scam...

Here's one from near the top.  But this is a pathetic amount of money
for the family of Tariq, and they don't even promise the usual 20% ...

Oddly, it seems to have originated from Dundalk, Ireland.  The 874
dialing code seems to be Inmarsat's for the West Atlantic Ocean.  The
Al-Bawaba gimmick was a nice touch, though.