future memes

Elias Sinderson elias at cse.ucsc.edu
Fri Apr 4 09:33:21 PST 2003

Steve Dossick wrote:

>The future's already here, it's just too expensive right now

Interestingly, that paraphrases something I wrote a year or so ago:

"The future is here, you just can't afford it."

Which, in turn, is similar to another quote (which I don't remember
exactly or, unfortunately, who said it):

"The future is (already?) here, it's just not widely distributed."

Richard Dawkins would be having a field day with this meme, which
appears to be coming up with increasing frequency...

Elias